Monday, May 13, 2013

NT scan appointment.

Today was pineapples NT scan at the hospital where my son was born at.  It was a weird feeling sitting in the waiting room with him on the outside.  It was even weirder to have him in the exam room that was the last place I sat with him in my belly where it was determined my fluid level was not going down and he was much better off on the outside.

The tech came in and was very quiet.  I hate quiet people.  Makes me uncomfortable.  But I know she was doing her job and measuring.  It seemed like she was measuring the same spot for a long time.  I didnt really worry about this test at all.  But I started wondering if I should have.  I mentioned the fibroids to her and she made notes to each of them, making sure to say "They are really small.  Nothing to worry about."

I mentioned to her the blood that I had last week.  "Was it red?"she asked.  "Yes it was but I didnt see red other than the swab he used to clean it out.  It resembled a tampon", I said.  "OK that is alot.  Since you mentioned this I am going to have to do an internal u/s to check the cervix."she says.  I didnt argue that.  I am all about double, triple and quadruple checking.  She inserts the wand and SHE lets out a sigh of relief  "This is great! Your cervix is way more than 4!!"  She then presses firmly onto my belly and says "Ok thats good.  The cervix isnt responding to any pressure.  I agree with the drs explanation about the capillary bursting.  Its more common than people think, but I wanted to make sure since it was red"

It was an amazing scan.  She zoomed into the babies five fingers and counted them all.  She pointed out the feet, legs and arms.  And I felt like she went above and beyond the regular duties of a "NT scan".  I asked her name and will be requesting her for the 20w anatomy scan.

The profile of the baby's face reminds me so much of my daughter.  I know all babies look the same at this point, but the lips are so prominent. Just like hers....


No comments:

Post a Comment